Due to COVID-19, we are streaming classes for the time being. No onsite classes are being held. Look below for instructions on how to join.
Saturday October 17th from 10am to 12:30pm
With Buddhist teacher Ethan Lechner
Cost: $20 (25% off with a Basic Membership)
For our Zoom classes, you can pay through our Donation Page.
Payment is separate from registration, please see below for details on how to register.
When faced with having to have difficult conversations we may try avoiding them, or we may repress our true feelings, or we may lash out in anger, or all of the above! Ultimately, none of these approaches will lead to happiness.
Buddha emphasized the need for skillful and beneficial actions in all circumstances. By practicing the beneficial actions taught by Buddha, we will attain the skill to navigate even the most challenging situations calmly and wisely, as well as to speak with clarity and compassion.
There will be a 15 minute break in the middle of class.
No previous meditation experience required. Everyone is welcome!
For security reasons, we are asking for people to register with name and email for classes in Zoom. Please click here to register for our How to Have Difficult Conversations workshop .
Once your registration is approved, you will be sent a link to join in email.
Payment is separate from registration, please see below.
Please register at least an hour before this workshop. If you register within an hour before the workshop, we may not see the registration to approve it, and you may not be able to attend.
Once you are registered for the workshop, you can join one of two ways:
- Keep the copy of the confirmation email and join from the link that says “Click Here to Join”
- Log in to your Zoom account with your registered email address and join manually with the Meeting ID from the confirmation email.
Zoom is also requiring us to have people in the a Waiting Room initially. But we’ll admit you from the Waiting Room as fast as we can when you join.
You will need to download Zoom and install. You want the Zoom Client for Meetings (top link).
Please check and make sure your Zoom client is up to date before joining. Beginning May 30, 2020, all Zoom clients must be on 5.0+ in order to join any meeting, as GCM Encryption will be fully enabled for all Zoom meetings.
- If you have a Monthly Membership with Kosala, this workshop is 25% off the usual class cost of $20.
- If you don’t have a Monthly Membership with Kosala, we are asking for people to please pay the usual class cost.
- We know that these are hard financial times for some people, so if you can’t pay the full amount, please pay what you can.
- You can pay through the PayPal link at the bottom of our Make a Donation page.
We will open up the Zoom meeting about 15 to 20 minutes ahead of time.
You can unmute yourself to ask questions, but please keep Zoom muted generally to keep out background noise. Or you can type questions in to the chat window if you prefer.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com