• The next Meditation and Modern Buddhism will be Wednesday August 18th at 7pm.
Wednesdays from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
With Buddhist teacher Ethan Lechner
Cost: $10 (free with with a Basic Membership)
Registration Required (details below)
Payment is separate from registration. You can pay through our Donation Page .
A Drop-in Program of Self-Development
Meditation and Modern Buddhism is for anyone interested in the Buddhist way of contemplating and meditating on life’s challenges and opportunities. The purpose is to help people find peace and happiness in everyday life.
Each class includes guided meditations, teachings on Buddhist thought, and discussion. Since these Drop-In classes are designed both as a series and as stand-alone classes, you are welcome to attend each week or at any time. No prior experience or commitment is required.
For security reasons, we are asking for people to register with name and email for classes in Zoom. Please click here to register for Meditation and Modern Buddhism.
Once your registration is approved, you will be sent a link to join in email.
Payment is separate, please see below.
If you register for any weekday class, you will be registered for that date as well as future occurrences.
If you previously registered for a class and lost your registration, we are happy to re-send registrations for any given weekly class. You can either re-register for the weekly class or you can contact us at email@example.com and we can re-send you the link.
Once you are registered for the class series, you can join one of two ways:
- Keep the copy of the confirmation email and join from the link that says “Click Here to Join”
- Log in to your Zoom account with your registered email address and join manually with the Meeting ID from the confirmation email.
You will need to download Zoom and install. You want the Zoom Client for Meetings (top link).
- If you have a Monthly Membership with Kosala, this class is free to attend.
- If you don’t have a Monthly Membership with Kosala, we are asking for people to please pay the usual class cost, which is $10.
- We know that these are hard financial times for some people, so if you can’t pay the full amount, please pay what you can.
- You can pay through the PayPal link on our Make a Donation page.
We will open up the Zoom meeting about 15 minutes ahead of time.
You can unmute yourself to ask questions, but please keep Zoom muted generally to keep out background noise. Or you can type questions in to the chat window if you prefer.
Our Current Class Series:
Transforming Difficulties, Pain, And Adversity In Our Life
This series we will be focusing on the meditations and practical methods for transforming adversity in our daily lives. By wholeheartedly accepting such difficulties we can use them as the springboard for real transformation. In this way our challenging situations and relationships are seen as essential for spiritual growth.
May 5th: The Art of Acceptance
May 12th: Acceptance and Transformation
May 19th: Transforming Conflict
May 26th: Joyful Energy
June 2nd: Class Cancelled for International Spring Festival
June 9th: Freedom from Discouragement
June 16th: The Confidence to Change
Drop in anytime, everyone is welcome.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.