This class has been cancelled for our summer break. It will resume on Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022.
Tuesdays from 7:00pm – 8:00pm
With Buddhist teacher Ethan Lechner
Cost: $8 (free with a Basic Membership)
Zoom Registration Required (details below)
Payment is separate from registration. You can pay by making a donation to Kosala through PayPal.
This class is an introduction to meditation and is perfect for absolute beginners to meditation. It is also for experienced meditators who want to learn more and improve their concentration.
Meditation is training the mind to be peaceful regardless of what happens. We teach a variety of meditation objects, so you build a collection of tools for keeping your mind peaceful. We explain why meditation works, teach you how to meditate, and lead you through guided meditations. Drop-ins are welcome, at any level of experience. Questions are encouraged. Wear clothes for sitting comfortably.
For security reasons, we are asking for people to register with name and email for classes in Zoom. Please click here to register for Meditation 101.
Once your registration is approved, you will be sent a link to join in email.
Payment is separate, please see below.
If you register for any weekday class, you will be registered for that date as well as future occurrences.
If you previously registered for a class and lost your registration, we are happy to re-send registrations for any given weekly class. You can either re-register for the weekly class or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can re-send you the link.
Once you are registered for the class series, you can join one of two ways:
- Keep the copy of the confirmation email and join from the link that says “Click Here to Join”
- Log in to your Zoom account with your registered email and join manually with the Meeting ID from the confirmation email.
You will need to download Zoom and install. You want the Zoom Client for Meetings (top link).
- If you have a Monthly Membership with Kosala, this class is free to attend.
- If you don’t have a Monthly Membership with Kosala, we are asking for people to please pay the usual class cost, which is $8.
- We know that these are hard financial times for some people, so if you can’t pay the full amount, please pay what you can.
- You can pay by making a donation to Kosala through PayPal.
We will open up the Zoom meeting about 15 minutes ahead of time.
You can unmute yourself to ask questions, but please keep Zoom muted generally to keep out background noise. Or you can type questions in to the chat window if you prefer.
Drop in anytime, everyone is welcome.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.